Yawuru Community Support Officer
21 Jun 2019
“Making mabu liyan real for all, always”
People, land, culture, prosperity
Nyamba Buru Yawuru (NBY) means ‘This is the place of Yawuru’. NBY is the operational company of the Yawuru Native Title Holders Aboriginal Corporation. NBY manages the day to day business of Yawuru and is engaged in a diverse range of projects which help to provide social, cultural, environmental and financial sustainability for the future of Yawuru people.
The Community Support Officer is responsible for providing individualised support services to Elders in conjunction with family members and relevant agencies and assisting Elders become involved in Community and Cultural events. You will also assist in assessing needs for the repairs and maintenance needs of Elders homes and administer Community Support Funds and Programs
The role requires :
- Conduct regular home visits and arrange individualised care plans and assistance for Elders where required in conjunction with family
- Assist Elders to participate in Cultural and Community events
- Provide advocacy in arranging support services in conjunction with Elders, families and government agencies.
- Assist in assessing needs for the repairs and maintenance needs of Elders homes
- Administer Community Support Funds and Programs
The ideal candidate :
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a passion for working with and assisting Aboriginal Elders.
- Experience in community aged care or a related discipline
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities and delivering projects to agreed time and cost requirements.
- Experience in working collaboratively by contributing to team activities.
Please visit our website: http://www.yawuru.org.au/about/come-work-with-us/ to download a Job Highlights Package.
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
Human Resources Nyamba Buru Yawuru
PO Box 425
Broome, WA 6725
Please include the following in your application:
1. Completed NBY Application for Employment Form (found on NBY website)
2. Cover Letter 3. Resume/ CV
Should you require further information relating to this position or process, we welcome your call on (08) 9192 9609. Applications for this position close 5pm Friday 5th July 2019