Transition to Work Case Manager
21 Jun 2019
“Making mabu liyan real for all, always”
People, land, culture, prosperity
Nyamba Buru Yawuru (NBY) means "This is the place of Yawuru". NBY Ltd manages the day to day business of the Yawuru Native Title Holders and is engaged in a diverse range of projects which help to provide social, cultural, environmental and financial sustainability for the future of Yawuru people.
Working in a service delivery model based on group activities, one-on-one case management and employer engagement, the Transition to Work (TTW) Case Manager provides intensive pre-employment support to improve the work readiness of young people and to help them into work (including Apprenticeships or Traineeships), training or further education. The TTW service will have a strong focus on helping young people to understand what is expected in the workplace and to develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected by Employers.
This role will require you to:
- Conduct initial employment readiness assessment with young people and design Job Plans;
- Monitor a young person's development through ongoing mentoring;
- Maintain regular personal and phone contact with young people
- Build demand-led pre-employment skills for young people through group and individual activities;
- Deliver post-placement support to young person and employer;
- Lead community engagement and liaison activities;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Employment Services or a related industry
- Proven ability to achieve results and exceed targets
- Proven aptitude for strong employer engagement including reverse marketing job seekers
- Ability to think creatively to secure the best job opportunities for each participant
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills coupled with effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- A genuine, demonstrated commitment to working with young people including ability to motivate and support young people
Please visit our website http://www.yawuru.org.au/about/come-work-with-us/ to download a Job Highlights Package.
Or for further information please contact us on (08) 9192 9600 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com after reviewing the Job Highlights Package
Applications close 5pm Friday 5th July 2019
Yawuru people are particularly encouraged to apply
Gala mabu (thank you)