21 Jun 2019
“Making mabu liyan real for all, always”
People, land, culture, prosperity
Nyamba Buru Yawuru (NBY) means "This is the place of Yawuru". NBY Ltd manages the day to day business of the Yawuru Native Title Holders and is engaged in a diverse range of projects which help to provide social, cultural, environmental and financial sustainability for the future of Yawuru people.
The Accounts Officer is responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Financial Controller with all general accounting work from accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation and general ledger reconcilations. The secondary area of focus is the assisting with the processing of the fortnightly payroll, accounting transactions, bookkeeping, record management, reporting and administration.
This role will require you to:
- Reconcile accounts and undertake cross-checking of financial transactions and reports to ensure high levels of accuracy;
- Manage accounts of related entities, debtor accounts and petty cash.
- Assist with processing of payroll when required.
- Process and monitor Debtors transactions and follow up on outstanding items
- Generate purchase orders and creditor invoices for NBY and associated entities as required, efficiently, accurately and on time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounts processing, purchasing, or similar
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work within a team, demonstrating flexibility and a willingness to actively contribute.
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems and all Microsoft Office programs
Please visit our website
http://www.yawuru.org.au/about/come-work-with-us to download a Job Highlights Package.
Or for further information please contact us on (08) 9192 9600 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com after reviewing the Job Highlights Package
Applications close 5pm Friday, 5 July 2019
Yawuru people are particularly encouraged to apply
Gala mabu (thank you)